The FreeBSD Build Environment
This guide provides an overview of the packages, tools and settings available in the FreeBSD CI environment.
You can use the following distribution:
- FreeBSD 12.1 default
Using FreeBSD distributions #
To use our FreeBSD build infrastructure, you can use the distribution above.
We use FreeBSD 12.1 as default.
Using FreeBSD #
To use FreeBSD, add the following to your your
FreeBSD is available on our hosted fully virtualized infrastructure.
FreeBSD improvements #
FreeBSD includes the following changes and improvements:
Third party pkg-repositories removed #
To specify a third party pkg-repository, you can add the source with the pkg addon and specify the packages.
os: freebsd addons: pkg: - go - curl
Environment common to all FreeBSD 12.1 images #
The following versions of version control software and compilers are present on all FreeBSD 12.1 builds, along with more language specific software described in detail below.
Any preinstalled software not provided by the distro is installed from ports – either a prebuilt binary if available, or a source release built with default options. For preinstalled language interpreters, a standard version manager like rvm is used, if available for the language.
Ruby support #
- Pre-installed Rubies: 2.6.5.
- Available ruby versions: 1.8.6, 1.8.7, 1.9.1, 1.9.2, 1.9.3, 2.0.0, 2.1.10, 2.2.10, 2.3.8, 2.4.6, 2.5.5, 2.6.3, 2.7.0 (preview1)
- Other ruby versions can be installed during build time:
language: ruby rvm: - 2.5 # RVM should install 2.5 for FreeBSD - 2.6 # should use default pre-installed 2.6.5
C and C++ support #
Pre-install compilers and linkers:
- GNU autotools
Python support #
- Supported Python versions: 2.7, 3.4 or higher.
- Pre-installed Python versions: 3.6 and 3.8.
- Pre-installed PyPy
- Pre-installed PIP
Go support #
- Pre-installed Go: 1.11
- Other Go versions can be installed during build time by specifying the language versions with the go:-key.
Julia support #
- Supported Julia versions: starting with version 0.7 and higher
JAVA support #
- Default version: 8
- Pre-installed OpenJDK version 8, 11, 12, 13 (OpenJDK10 not supported in FreeBSD)
- Pre-installed Apache Ant(TM) version 1.10.6
- Pre-installed Apache Maven version 3.6.3
- Pre-installed Gradle version 6.0.1