Build Stages: Deploying to Heroku
This example has 5 build stages:
- Two jobs running unit tests in parallel on stage 1.
- One job deploying the application to Heroku staging.
- One job testing the staging deployment on Heroku.
- One job deploying the application to Heroku production.
- One job testing the production deployment on Heroku.
Here’s what the
.travis.yml config could look like:
jobs: include: - stage: unit tests script: "Running unit tests (1)" - stage: unit tests script: "Running unit tests (2)" - stage: deploy to staging script: skip deploy: &heroku provider: heroku app: sf-stages-staging api_key: $HEROKU_AUTH_TOKEN - stage: test staging script: 'curl http://sf-stages-staging.herokuapp.com' - stage: deploy to production script: skip deploy: <<: *heroku app: sf-stages-production - stage: test production script: 'curl http://sf-stages-production.herokuapp.com'
This is how the build matrix would look like:
You can find the code for this example on our demo repository: